Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Discontinuous Range via VBA using R1C1?

Per Peter T:
Seems like a more direct approach would be for me to just pick apart the

larger
range cell-by-cell and grab what I need.

Why doesn't Jon's advice work for you.

Dunno - but the first thing that comes to mind is RCI on my part...

But that means that I'd need to store that range address somewhere in the
chart object.

Isn't the range defined and hence stored in the series formula(s)

Yes. But the range I need is different from the chart's. It's a superset
of the chart range from which I'd extract some rows/columns to place
below the chart.

Chart names are more restricted than shape names in terms of allowable
punctuation characters. Replace ":" in the formula with something,
underscore is good.

I tried a dash... but no go. I'll give the underscore a shot...

But now I'm re-thinking my whole strategy. This started because I'm creating
many chart objects in one process and arranging them in another process.

I think I need to combine the two processes so that I position/size each chart
when I create it. At that time I have access to the data I need so I should be
able to also place the supplemental data beneath the chart at that time.
--
PeteCresswell