Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Discontinuous Range via VBA using R1C1?

Per Jon Peltier:
.Rows.Count and .Columns.Count only look at the first area of a
discontiguous range. You can do a loop:

I think I'm trying to fool Mother Nature on this one.... with the discontinuous
range.

Seems like a more direct approach would be for me to just pick apart the larger
range cell-by-cell and grab what I need.

But that means that I'd need to store that range address somewhere in the chart
object. The series behind the chart won't do because it's just a subset of the
larger range. But when I create the chart, I know what the larger range is.

Tried .Chart.Name (after massaging the range, replacing ":" with "-") but it
didn't take.

Looked for something like .Tag, but didn't find it.

Can you think of some chart or shape property that I could use to squirrel away
a range address like "R3C02:R25C17"?

Even if I could make .Name stick, it would seem a dicey in that two charts with
the same macro data range would break my little scheme.
--
PeteCresswell