Ron Rosenfeld

On 12 Aug 2005 07:21:38 -0700, wrote:

I am trying to add two cells plus 30 and get a date. How would I go
about doing this? I have tried everything I know.

for example Q7-M7 or Q7-M7+30

Q7 and M7 are both in date format.

I know that I am missing something really simple, but I can't figure
out what it is.

Someone please help - I'm pulling my hair out!!!!

Thanks
Heather Smith

I'm missing something, or not sure exactly what you want to do.

Excel stores dates as serial numbers with 1=1/1/1900 or 0=1/1/1904 depending on
the system selected.

If Q7 is a date, and M7 is a date, subtracting one from the other will result
in a number equal to the number of days between those two dates. Adding 30 to
that does not give a date; if you format it as a date it will give you a date
value probably back in the 1900's.

e.g.

Q7 := 31 Aug 2005 = 38595
M7 := 31 Jul 2005 = 38564

Q7-M7 = 31 (formatted as a date = 31 Jan 1900)

Q7-M7+30 = 61 (formatted as a date = 1 Mar 1900)

Perhaps if you explain more clearly what it is you are trying to do, and what
your inputs and expected results are, more help will be forthcoming.

--ron