Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default How in to parse constants in formula to cells

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 04:00:10 GMT, wrote:

Ron,

Could you be more specific with your comment:

"However, it would need to be extended to take care
of the worksheet function issue I raised earlier."

Other than my error with the Round worksheet function argument,
I am not sure what you mean.

Thanks, EagleOne

You mentioned in an earlier post that did NOT want to return the values that
were used as function criteria, such as num_digits in the ROUND function.

There are a number of functions with similar criteria.

For example, range_lookup in the various LOOKUP functions (which can be
expressed as 0, 1, TRUE or FALSE)

match_type in the MATCH function

decimals & no_commas in the FIXED function

etc.

There's no general rule of which I am aware that can differentiate a number
that is a function argument versus a number that the function is operating on.
So unless someone comes up with something, you'd have to look at every
function, and only return the value that is in the appropriate location.

--ron