Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] EagleOne@discussions.microsoft.com is offline

Default How in to parse constants in formula to cells

I am in the process of doing just that, I'll post back when I get it.

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:11:13 GMT, wrote:

Appreciate your time & knowledge. I agree, the challenge is awesome.

EagleOne

If I were going to do that, I think I would first replace every character that
is a function parameter with a nonsense string, perhaps a tilde ~.

Then replace all the cell references and operators with tilde's.

Then extract the numbers that remain.

I would use regular expressions to do all that.
--ron