Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] EagleOne@discussions.microsoft.com is offline

Default How in to parse constants in formula to cells

Appreciate your time & knowledge. I agree, the challenge is awesome.

EagleOne

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:20:41 GMT, wrote:

An excellent question. The answer is No to formula arguments. I need just the constants used by or
in the formula.

That makes it very difficult.

Without that requirement, you could easily strip out the operators and cell
references by using Regular Expressions, and then return everything else that
is numeric.

With the requirement that numeric arguments to functions not be returned, such
as the type I mentioned, you would have to have some kind of table to analyze
each function. I can't think of any other way to, for example, given:

=ROUND(.035,1)

to extract the ".035" but not extract the "1"

--ron