Bryan Hessey

Method one would be toi insert the new details into the lookup table
(area)

Method two would be to make the VLookup conditional on a non-blank
helper column, and you manually type data into that column which
obviates the vlookup activity

Thomas Cox Wrote:
If anyone can solve this problem then you are superstar.

What I am doing is creating an Invoice sheet, in which all of our
company
details are in MS Access database which are export to a *.csv file, in
which
I then link my invoice to the *.csv file using a combi box which use
an
index formula to enter the company name into the invoice sheet. That
works
great, then I am using a Vlookup to pull out the company address
details by
using the company name as the LookUp value, ok this also works great,
although if say have a new company that needs to be invoiced and has
not yet
been updated on our database which would be exported to the CSV, I need
enter this manually although when this is done it obviously over types
the
Vlookup can this avoided. Any ideas are much appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=395278