Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Albert Albert is offline

Default Append One Array to Another, and Consolidate

It means that duplicate registers will be deleted from the array.

"Alan Beban" wrote:

What do you mean by "consolidates the duplicate elements"?

Alan Beban

Albert wrote:
If your still interested, I have developed a good algorithm to do exactly
what you want.
Regards,
Albert C.

"Stratuser" wrote:

I have two arrays, both of which are two-dimensional (for example,
Array1(100,5) and Array2(300,5), of the same type (Variant). I want to
combine them into a single array, and then I want to consolidate any
duplicate elements. Any ideas on the best way to do this?

In the past, I've handled this by just dumping the data from the arrays onto
a blank worksheet, sorting the data there, and then doing a search loop that
consolidates the duplicate elements. I'm thinking there might be a way to do
it entirely within arrays, off the worksheet.