Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bz bz is offline

Default Detecting a number versus text?

"Chet" wrote in news:1163729215.588617.181400
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Did NOT work for me when the cell held a number formatted as text. But

If Val(Format(Target.Value, "#")) 0 Then

Did work (assuming the numbers were all larger than zero, which they are in
my case.)

Thanks much.. ! Will give it a try.. Chet
JE McGimpsey wrote:
One way:

If IsNumeric(Cells(1, 1).Value) Then

In article .com,
"Chet" wrote:

Does anyone know how to tell if a cell is a number when the value in
that cell is actually text? In other words if I have the character 3
in a cell and the cell is in the format of "text" how can I tell that
this is in fact a number in my code. I tried using the cint function
but I got an error message upon performing this function.

Thanks,
Chet

--
bz