Ron Coderre

Try this from the Excel main menu:

ToolsOptionsCalculation.....Select "Automatic".
(You probably have "Manual" selected)

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

"j_aguar_1981" wrote in message
This is probably quite a 'noob' question to most of you, but I have an
excel
spreadsheet set up for a month by month profit and loss that uses formulas
calculate subtotals/totals/balances both accross and down for me.

However when I enter or edit information into the cells that the formulas
relate to, the totals do not update, it isn't until I actually edit and
then
accept the formula cell afterwards that the updated value appears.

If I happen to miss 'updating' the formula in one cell then all other
balances remain as were previously calculated. This is quite frustrating
and
I'm sure there is just an option or something that I'm missing somewhere.
Please help.