Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bz bz is offline

Default task bar attached macro name probles

Dave Peterson wrote in
:

Thanks! Lots of stuff to read over. Looks like it will be useful. I knew I
must have missed the solution(s).

Ps. David McRitchie has lots of notes he
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm
Look for:
Repair Renamed Pathnames on Menus and Toolbar Buttons
and you'll see a link to a newsgroup post by Bernie Deitrick

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...msg/d692c7e54d
fe909b?as_umsgid=eNXt5XX5BHA.1020@tkmsftngp07

Or

http://snipurl.com/121mv

bz wrote:

Google shows me many who have asked this question, but no solutions.
The problem seems to have existed since the early days of VB macros
being incorporated into excel.

The problem: intermittently when an excel document with VB macros
attached to a menu bar and/or a task bar is save-as renamed, the links
to the macros point to the OLD excel file's name[with the full path
being given!]. This makes the wrong macros execute or give an error
message when attempting to execute the macros.

bz

infinite set.