Dave Peterson

I'd create a worksheet with just the categories I wanted in column A.

Then I'd add a formula to each row that checks the category against this list.

=isnumber(match(a2,sheet2!a:a,0))

(and drag down)

Then apply Data|filter|autofilter to that helper column.
filter to show just the True's.

Copy the visible cells and paste where you need to.

chrisdtran wrote:

I receive daily several lists of part orders from the customer in Excel
file that I do not have any control of.
In the Excel file:
Column A contents catergory 1 to 100
Column B contents items descriptions of each catergory (about 20
different items per catergory)
Column C contents quantities of each item that are changed daily.

How can I run a macro that will copy from the customer Excel file and
paste only certain catergories within my department (i.g catergory 1
-20) and ignore the rests.

Appreciate for any of your help

Chris

--