Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mikeb mikeb is offline

Default How to change where validation should be?

Bob, what I'm trying to do is have validation list in column B consisting of
all the unique values in column A and if col A goes to row 100 col B goes to
Row 100, the number of rows in col a changes. In my code I get the unique
values and place them in another sheet, I now want to create a dynamic named
range and use that for validation in col B.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use a formula of

=OFFSET($A$1,,,COUNTA($A:$A),1)

in the list formula of the DV.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"mikeb" wrote in message
I created a validaton, it should be in column b only upto the last row of
data in col a, and the amount of rows with data in col a will change all

the
time, what should I do? Do I have to delete and recreate the location

every
time, if so then how? thanks in advance!