Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Help?[_2_] Help?[_2_] is offline

Default Filename Recognition

I have to have it read in this manner. More than one customer will utilize
this piece several times a day and the filename will always be different. If
it was just me using this piece, it would be great. Do you have any ideas of
how I can read variable filenames, maintain them, and consist the programming
below to Range A1?

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

Help?,

It appears that you are storing a path/folder in both of the Input file & Output file constants and then you are trying to open the
path/folder as a file to read from/write to.

You need to modify your code so that you are opening a specific file, and not a folder/path that your file are in.

I hope this helps,

Conan

"Help?" wrote in message ...
Hi to All:
I have the below code that I am using to modify csv files from having "". I
am having two problems. The filenames for these files need to be consistant,
however the two statements I have marked with <Problem are not recognizing
the files. I am also trying to geth this to only run on Range A1. Can anyone
help?

Sub test2()
Const strFileIn As String = "I:\04 Production Files\IPEP Records\Cleaning
files\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:=ActiveWorkbook.FullName
Const strFileOut As String = "I:\04 Production Files\IPEP Records\Cleaned\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:=ActiveWorkbook.FullName
Dim FSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim fDest As Scripting.TextStream
Dim strData As String
Dim lngFNum1 As Long

Set FSO = New Scripting.FileSystemObject
Set fDest = FSO.CreateTextFile(strFileOut, True)<Problem

lngFNum1 = FreeFile()
Open strFileIn For Input As #lngFNum1<Problem

Do While Not EOF(lngFNum1)
Line Input #lngFNum1, strData
strData = Replace(strData, """", "", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
fDest.WriteLine strData
Loop

Close
fDest.Close

End Sub

I liked the way you had everything directed in paths in the first set of
coding, but I am having a hard time get the areas above to recognize the
filenames. I have marked the ares with the word "<Problems". Do you have any
suggestions?