Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default Sorting Rows on a password protected worksheet

If you are trying to sort by row change the orientation to
xlLeftToRight. If you are sorting by columns then you need to adjust
your range , you only have one row of data in each column to sort.

Sandy

CoachTony wrote:
Hello,
I have an MS Excel worksheet (Excel 2002), for which I have password
protectection enabled.

There are several columns which the users can enter data, they would also
like to sort the data (both asc. & desc.), but as you know, sorting functions
are disabled when protection is on.

I have tried this code, to no avail:
Sub SortSheet()

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="cfo2006"
Range("A14:Q14").Sort Key1:=Range("C14"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:= _
xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False,
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="cfo2006", DrawingObjects:=True,
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
Can you offer any ideas to help me with this problem??
--
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Coach Tony