Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default Sorting Rows on a password protected worksheet

It looks like your range is only one row and you are sorting top to
bottom so when it sorts there is only one variable in the column to
sort, try setting the range to cover all the data and then run the
code.

Sandy

CoachTony wrote:
Hello,
I have an MS Excel worksheet (Excel 2002), for which I have password
protectection enabled.

There are several columns which the users can enter data, they would also
like to sort the data (both asc. & desc.), but as you know, sorting functions
are disabled when protection is on.

I have tried this code, to no avail:
Sub SortSheet()

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="cfo2006"
Range("A14:Q14").Sort Key1:=Range("C14"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:= _
xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False,
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="cfo2006", DrawingObjects:=True,
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
Can you offer any ideas to help me with this problem??
--
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Coach Tony