jellis1919

Default Is there a way to sort text by frequency within Excel?

Let's say I have a thousand branch offices, each with a unique alpha
identifier. I start with a list, sorted by date range, of which offices have
placed orders. There is an entry in the spreadsheet for every instance an
office has placed an order. As on order comes in, it's added to the
spreadsheet, but not grouped by office. If office "AAA" placed 3 orders that
month, it's entries might appear in rows 8, 25, and 334. By sorting the
office column by alpha, I can now see see that office "AAA" placed 3 orders
(rows 2-4) , and that office "AAB" placed 5 orders (rows 5-9). But which of
the 1,000 offices placed the most orders? The least?