JE McGimpsey

In article ,
"David R. Norton MVP" wrote:

The sensible response would be to tell the OP to contact a local
computer shop who can send someone on site, verify the legitimacy of
the request and act accordingly.

"Sensible"? Who would you suggest is regulating the local computer
shops? What makes *them* trustworthy? What criteria would they use? What
if, as in many parts of my state, the "local" computer shop is 50+ miles
away?

I just called two local computer shops, and asked them how to bypass my
Word and Excel protection. None of them knew, nor were they interested
in making a house call. Nor could they tell me how they would determine
that someone's request was legitimate.

Sensible? Lunacy!

All you've done is attached an intermediary with a price tag to the
same solution that was posted here.