JulianUK JulianUK is offline
Junior Member

Default Automatically renaming Cells

Hi,

My first post here, so i guess I should start off with a hi !

So anyway, I'm here because I need some guidance on how to automatically rename cells.

In the morning, I pull down two separate spreadsheets, from two different systems.

One system has a material number that is named differently from the other spreadsheet.

Example

BK818/80 on one sheet is exactly the same as 5679 on the other sheet.

ATM I've been using the replace all, but its a manual laborious task, since we are talking about replacing about 50 odd materials. I don't need the BK818 number, only the 5679 number... Is there a script I can automate that will every day run and have it automatically rename those numbers for me, so that I don't have too?

I'll be honest with you, I'm not that good on Excel, so please keep it simple. I only use it at a very basic level.

Thanks in advance.