Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dean[_8_] Dean[_8_] is offline

Default Caching?

I have a template that basically uses a macro to copy and paste from all
input files that are placed in its same folder and paste that stuff into
itself. It also extracts the dates from the end of each of the filenames.
I ran it with a lot of files there and it, basically, worked. I know that
it does not know the names of the files that will be there, in advance.

Then, I start over with a fresh template and try to run it again with many
of the files removed from the folder, and VB gives me an error message
telling me it can't find some of the removed files. Someone says it's some
sort of caching, apparently. I don't understand. Is there some way to
clear EXCEL caches? How would a fresh copy know of files that it,
presumably, has never seen?

Let me know if I need to show you the macro, which was created by somebody
else. I hope not because it seems that my question is more basic

Thanks!
Dean