Gary's Student

You need to remove the NOW() function once it has served its usefulness.
Either copy the cell containing the NOW() formula and paste it as value back
onto itself (the manual way) or use an Event Macro to detect C2 changing and
have the Macro write the time/date stamp.
--
Gary's Student

"Marc G" wrote:

I've set up a spreadsheet to enter the current time and date in particular
cells when data is entered into another cell (basically i'm using a formula
to record the time data was entered into each cell).

I've used the following formula to do so, =IF(C20,NOW( )),
Problem is the cell just updates when the file is saved as the formula gets
recalculated.

I believe i need to find a way of allowing induvidual cells to calculate
only once to prevent this from happening.

Anyone have any ideas? or know of another way to accomplish this task?