Doug Kanter

"Colin2u" wrote in message
is there a way to increase the speed that excel open.? its funny. all for
the
other programs such as MS Office XP Word and soforth and even the
application
that does not relates to MS Office XP opens fast. when trying to observe
the
process of excel i saw that it goes through Virous scaning and networking
which I dont have. what can I do to speedup the opening process of MS
Office
XP Excel?

When you start Excel, it requests virus scanning for all your templates,
even if you're not opening any of those templates at the time. If you're not
using all of those templates, move them to another folder for storage.