Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFanFromWork[_4_] StargateFanFromWork[_4_] is offline

Default Can I use conditional formatting for this neat thing?

I had an idea this morning to make my user's lives easier for a particular
spreadsheet. The idea is to have a text string appear in cell C2 if it's
empty, and that is:

"Please enter value here ..."

And then when user enters a value, they'll see the data they've entered into
that cell until/unless they empty the cell.

Is this possible to do?

Again, I've just spent a considerable amount of time in the archives
searching for conditional formatting examples with text strings, but nothing
comes up that's pertinent.

TIA. :oD