Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
violet violet is offline

Default not excel data source

yeah..i found a way to open the text fiel in excel..so more easy for me to
cont code the macro..

"violet" wrote:

tis method use a delimited to identify where to break the line but wat if my
text file does not have a delimited...my text file already look the excel wif
col n row clearly presented..is there a code that will identify text values
jus like the way it identify excel cell values.. eg. i need col5 data in the
text file to be use in my excel col C..

Mark thks anyway..

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

Refer to Chip Pearson's website...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

"violet" wrote in message
i wish to noe is there any way that i can write a macro to copy data from
another type of file to my excel spreadsheet. eg. a system generate a
report
in html file or text file..den i will like to copy data generated from the
report to my excel.is that possible?