Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Drop down missing in cells with validations!

Sounds more like a screen redraw or memory problem.

Try saving periodically - it might help.

Make sure the screen is zoomed to 100%

Tom Ogilvy

"Alex" wrote:

This is a tricky one. I got a sheet with many cells, each validating against
one of many possible Names (ranges defined in another sheet). After working
for a while, all drop downs suddenly disappear. Of course the "In-Cell
dropdown" remains active. Moreover, I had been circling invalid cells with
activesheet.circleinvalid. Even though I switched to activesheet.clearcirles,
I always get a circle on the activecell (it's gone once I switch to a
different cell, which in turn gets circled).
The only time I could get the drop downs back was when deleting a lot of
rows and saving the workbook. Is it possible that I'm facing a restriction on
the amount of cells with validations??