Lady Layla

Deepest sympathies to his family and loved ones. He will be truly truly truly
missed here.

"Norman Harker" wrote in message
: Hi Everyone!
:
: The heading expresses our distress at a loss to the community of
: Excel.
:
: It is with the greatest of sadness that I must report the news that
: Frank Kabel has died in a tragic accident whilst on holiday in his
: home country of Germany.
:
: I'm afraid that at this stage, whilst the news has been confirmed from
: his employers, we know nothing more. It falls to me to try and do
: justice to a good mate on behalf of Bob Phillips, Ron de Bruin and all
: of Frank's other many "Excel friends".
:
: Frank was not only a very major contributor to these newsgroups but he
: was also a great innovative developer and friend to all. Despite
: English being his second language his replies to public and private
: correspondence were always well worth reading for content and charm.
: It is difficult to believe that Frank only started posting to
: newsgroups in late 2003 but his posts were immediately prolific and
: helpful to all. At one stage Frank was such a prolific poster we even
: thought that he was several people. It was difficult to comprehend how
: he could compose so many excellent replies at such a high speed. Frank
: was our newest MVP Excel and he achieved this recognition at the same
: record speed that he was used to working at. It is distressing to
: many outside Germany that we never got to meet him in person. Here
: though is a photograph that we can remember him by.
:
: http://www.jumper.ch/infos.htm
:
: Many thousands will have benefited from his efforts to help and
: educate; even more will benefit over the years from the time and
: considerable energy that Frank devoted to developing and sharing his
: knowledge. Bob Phillips, Ron de Bruin and I worked many hundreds of
: hours with Frank on projects such as QDE (Quick Date Entry) and the
: EasyFilter Addins. A pre-production Addin CFPlus being worked on with
: Bob Phillips and giving the additional conditional formatting has only
: happened because of Frank's energy and we know that he was very proud
: of its concept and implementation. Frank also was driving,
: contributing, and stimulating other projects and updates and we know
: that Frank had so much more he wanted to give to the community of
: Excel users. He was a great team player and we could guarantee high
: speed, critical and friendly feedback. We will miss him not only for
: his contributions but also for his humour and sincere friendship. He
: enjoyed a Single Malt and a good cigar and lived, and gave of his
: life, to the full.
:
: We offer condolences to his family and friends at the loss of Frank at
: such a young age. Frank came from Hamburg where his family still live
: and had a long term girlfriend to whom we offer the sympathy that can
: do little to make up for her loss.
:
: We have all lost a good and sincere friend. Frank represented the very
: highest of the traditions of these Excel Groups.
:
: I have undertaken to ensure the collection and collation of responses
: to this post both public and private and I will ensure a suitable
: presentation to his family.
:
: --
: Regards
: Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
: on behalf of Bob Phillips, Ron de Bruin
: Sydney, Australia
:
:
: