Gary's Student

You should consider using the Pivot Table feature that can be pulled-down
from Tools.

It is good for your application because it does not need any programming or
fancy formulae. It can summarize your data by both clients and product for
both total quantity and total dollars
--
Gary's Student

"Pwel" wrote:

First excuse my english, it's not my first language...

My problem is that I have a sheet with thousands of lines like those (I
used "_" to align my column because space are not working) :

CLIENTS PRODUCT QTY TOTAL

Roger __ product1 __ 2 __ 080$
Roger __ product1 __ 3 __ 120$
Lynda __ product1 __ 1 __ 040$
Lynda __ product2 __ 1 __ 050$
Lynda __ product3 __ 1 __ 040$
Lynda __ product3 __ 2 __ 080$

and I need to add quantity and total for each time the client and the
product is the same to obtain something like this :

CLIENTS PRODUCT QTY TOTAL

Roger __ product1 __ 5 __ 200$
Lynda __ product1 __ 1 __ 040$
Lynda __ product2 __ 1 __ 050$
Lynda __ product3 __ 3 __ 120$

I didn't find a way yet to do that...and like I said I have thousands
of lines on my sheet so I have to find a way to do this with a
function, a macro or something like that. By the way I'm using excel
2002.

If someone can help me please,

Thanks

--