Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Default printing questions

Perhaps you could prompt the user to select the printer using this dialog:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

client was doing all of the excel manipulation manually. i wrote code to
automate everything. now with my automated procedures, the print jobs are what
holds them up.

in my code i set all the print parameters for each job, and then just use:
..PrintOut Copies:=Numcop, Collate:=True

now, since they have 2 printers, they want to be able to select the printer at
print time and divide the jobs up.

so my question a

i know it's problematic trying to set up printers in code on more than 1
workstation, but should i just set up each printer on the separate workstations?

they thought showing the print dialog would help, but how do i determine what
pages to print, the number of copies and the ranges?

or, i'll take suggestions on how to better handle this?
--

Gary