Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default Excel File Slowing Down after Macros Added

To answer your specific question, you can bracket your macro code with:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
I hedge because there could be other reasons why things are slowing down but
you don't provide any details about what is happening when you save. HTH
Otto
"Lee" wrote in message
I am a newbie to VBA.

I notice that my excel file seems to be slowing down when saving after
adding some simple macros for sorting data.

Are there some guidlines to minimize the impact of Macros slowing down
excel??
Like screenupdating=false etc.

Thanks in advance,