Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
nospaminlich nospaminlich is offline

Default Mailing to a distribution group in Excel

I've got a macro (thanks to Ron de Bruin's website) which generates a mail
message to e-mail accounts in a list in Col B subject to certain criteria
being met.

Everything works fine when the list in Col B contains "genuine" e-mail
accounts but if I try to use an existing Outlook Distribution Group instead
e.g. STAFF_ALL_TEACHERS in say cell B2 no message is sent to those recipients.

The group works fine in Outlook if I enter it manually so it's not the group
itself but presumably the syntax I'm using.

I would prefer to use Distribution Groups in my Excel sheet as it reduces
maintenance when changes have to be made.

Any ideas as to how I can make this work?