Dave Peterson

Some info:

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

A few people have posted that they could open the file in OpenOffice, then
remove some of the formatting, save it and then excel would open that file ok.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

=========
But I would think your suggestion would depend on how many different formats are
in the workbook and how many different formats are on that sheet. (you won't
know until you try.)

Vinceburg wrote:

I wanted to ask if I have an excel file with multiple sheets and this error
message comes up is it ok if I take the sheet I was trying to do work on,
send it to a new excel file "eg. book1" and then work on it? And if I do
this can I put the sheet worked on back into the excel file i took it out of
without getting that message?
--
Vince Hill

--