Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Scott G Scott G is offline

Default Sorting an Address list - 1 attachment

?B?QWxvaw==?= wrote in
:

I have an address list that I need to sort by the addressee's last
name. My problem is that some of the adressees are businesses and
some have titles. Each address is in a separate row.

Should I use a formula to replace the titles (Mr. Mrs. Dr.) with
nothing? How do I handle sorting the businesses? I would want to sort
these by the first word in the name. The people I would want to sort
by their last name, ignoring Jr. Sr. II, III.

Can this be done? I am attaching an Excel list for your
consideration.

The list is contained in columns A through F, like this:

1410] Mr & Mrs Dennis D Kaney] 26 Triton Rd]Ormond Beach] FL] 32724]
1418] Mrs Brendan Sayers Jr]500 N Oleander Avenue]DeLand] FL] 32724]
1419] Microsoft Corporation] 1 Gates Way]Redmond] WA] 11545

The first column is the account no. Name, street address, city, state,
and zip are in B through F.

Thanks!!!