Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Goofy Goofy is offline

Default Desperately Seeking FirstCell Find !

But what I have is not a formula, its a simple value. What I have ended up
doing is specifying my range as the first column only, this way it wrapos
around to the first cell.

Thanks for your help anyway

"WhytheQ" wrote in message
oups.com...
"LookIn:=xlFormulas" seems to work better

Rgds

On Oct 23, 1:13 pm, "Don Guillett" wrote:
why not just use MATCH to find the 1 and incorporate into an INDEX
formula

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

I am trying to search in the fist column of a range using the following
code. The problem is that the first item is never searched as it allways
starts 'AFTER' the top left hand cell, so I have a column of numbers 1
16 and I want to find 1, it starts at cell 2 and therfore never find the
1

Any Ideas ???

Public Function lookupRange(ByVal rangeName As Range, key As Variant,
col
As Presets) As Variant

On Error Resume Next

Dim mr As Range

Set mr = rangeName.Find(what:=key, LookIn:=xlValues,
lookat:=xlWhole,
SearchDirection:=xlNext, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns)
lookupRange = mr.Offset(0, col)

End Function- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -