jhockstr jhockstr is offline
Junior Member

Default Formulas within Cell References

Hello All,

I need to use a number that was calculated from a formula in a cell reference. Here is the situation: I have a large spreadsheet that changes periodically. I need to count the number of items in that spreadsheet(i will use COUNTA - already works) and then take that number and use it as a row number in a cell reference like this:

In cell H1: =COUNTA(A2:A9999)

Then take that number in cell H1 and insert that into say $J$XXXX where XXXX represents the number in cell H1.

I'm looking to increase the calculation speed of the workbook by only calculating cells that I need to.

Thanks for the help,
Jason