Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Locating the third item in a Range

Try Zone's answer.

You chose the bad answer which was identical to your original attempt which
failed.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jakobshavn Isbrae" wrote in
message ...
Thank you for your response, but I am still getting the third cell down
from
the start of the range instead of the third item in the range.
--
jake

"Philip" wrote:

Hi,

you don't need a loop.

try something like this:

Dim myRange As Range
Set myRange = Range("rng")
MsgBox myRange(3).Value

where rng is the named range on the worksheet.

HTH

Philip

"Jakobshavn Isbrae" wrote:

I am trying to get to a certain place in a range, for example the 3rd
item.
If the range consists of three cells A1, A10, A20 and I use
Number = 3
s = Selection(Number).Address
v = Selection(Number).Value
then I get to cell A3 (third from the start) instead of A20 (which is
what I
want)

Can I get to a certain place without using a loop?
Thanks in advance

--
jake