Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim[_22_] Jim[_22_] is offline

Default Hiding changing columns

I think that line "columns(ActiveCell.Column).EntireColumn.Hidde n = False"
is what I was looking for. Thanks!!

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
right click sheet tabview codecopy/paste thissave
now when you double click any cell in the column it will show that column
ONLY until you double click any cell in the visible column again.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
If columns("iv").Hidden = True Then
columns("a:iv").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
Exit Sub
Else
columns("a:iv").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
columns(ActiveCell.Column).EntireColumn.Hidden = False

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Jim" wrote in message ...
Hi
I have a workbook that I need to hide columns except for the day
chosen. Here is the situation.

A B C D E Oct 1 Oct 2
.................................................. ..............HA HB HC
HD

There are calculations in column E & Columns HA thru HD. On any given day
I want to be able to just see Cols A-E , that days column and Cols HA-HD.
That way I can print that days sheet and hand to my supervisor. I could
write a macro for Oct 1 and place the macro "button" under Oct 1 and so
on for each day. That would Hide Cols F - GZ and unhide Col F for Oct 1.
That would allow the user to just click that days macro. But that would
mean writing over a hundred macros when all that is changing is the
"unhide that days column" line of code.

Is there any way I can just write one macro that would work for whatever
column I want to unhide. In other words if I already have the macro
buttons in place below each date, what code do I write to unhide that
days column. Can Excel recognize which column the macro button is located
in. If so, I could just use activeCell and column to unhude that column.
I hope this makes some kind of sense.

Jim