Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default Hiding changing columns

Jim
Let me outline a possible scenario and you decide if this might suit
what you want.
You trigger a macro to execute.
The code displays an Input Box and asks you to type in the day you want.
(The "day you want" is the text of the column header of the column you
want.)
You type it in and click OK.
The code does the rest.
Post back if this fits with what you want. HTH Otto
"Jim" wrote in message ...
Hi
I have a workbook that I need to hide columns except for the day
chosen. Here is the situation.

A B C D E Oct 1 Oct 2
.................................................. ..............HA HB HC
HD

There are calculations in column E & Columns HA thru HD. On any given day
I want to be able to just see Cols A-E , that days column and Cols HA-HD.
That way I can print that days sheet and hand to my supervisor. I could
write a macro for Oct 1 and place the macro "button" under Oct 1 and so on
for each day. That would Hide Cols F - GZ and unhide Col F for Oct 1. That
would allow the user to just click that days macro. But that would mean
writing over a hundred macros when all that is changing is the "unhide
that days column" line of code.

Is there any way I can just write one macro that would work for whatever
column I want to unhide. In other words if I already have the macro
buttons in place below each date, what code do I write to unhide that days
column. Can Excel recognize which column the macro button is located in.
If so, I could just use activeCell and column to unhude that column. I
hope this makes some kind of sense.

Jim