Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default getting an average of No of Days on board verses month departed.

Assuming everyone in G849 to G880 has a detach date:
= (sum(G849:G880)-sum(H849:H880))/rows(G849:G880)

Format the cell with the formula as General (it might default to looking
like a weird date).

Tom Ogilvy

"FCC(SW)JP USN" wrote:

Trying to figure out how to automatically avearge the number of days by the
month they dparted. I could manually do this each month by using the avearge
function for instance =AVERAGE(H849:H880) but how can I set up a formula to
avearge the total days based on the yyyymm of the detach date. Any help would
be great.
F G H
Report date Detach date Total days
878 29-Aug-06 26-Sep-06 27