Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JCIrish JCIrish is offline

Default capture only part of inputBox or of cell contents

Help. In inputBox the user enters a date (not usually the current date) for a
month for which he wants to enter data. This is stored in the variable
"userMonth" and entered into Range("F1"). I then use contents of F1 in a
Find method to select a cell (labled mmm) into which to paste the entered
data.

My code checks inputBox entry for a valid date. If entry is valid (say,
mmm,yy), here's the rub: I need to use only the mmm part in the Find method.
Is it possible to capture only the mmm part of the entry or alternatively to
retrieve only the mmm part from F1? Format (Date,"mmm") doesn't work here
because the date may not be the current date. I know that I could have the
user enter only the mmm in the inputBox but then I can't check that the entry
is a valid date (at least I don't think I can).