Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alok Alok is offline

Default Sorting an Address list - 1 attachment

Hi Scott,
It is the convention in NGs not to attach Excel workbook because of the
damage they can cause. Please try and display the layout in your message
Thanks.

"Scott G" wrote:

I have an address list that I need to sort by the addressee's last name. My
problem is that some of the adressees are businesses and some have titles.
Each address is in a separate row.

Should I use a formula to replace the titles (Mr. Mrs. Dr.) with nothing?
How do I handle sorting the businesses? I would want to sort these by the
first word in the name. The people I would want to sort by their last name,
ignoring Jr. Sr. II, III.

Can this be done? I am attaching an Excel list for your consideration.

Thank you!!

Scott