Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Automatically Move to a cell

I'm still not clear about the third line but you do NOT need to select
anything.

If Target.Address = "$A$10" Then
Range("c10").interior.colorindex=3
Range("U10").interior.colorindex=6
end if

Can be combined into ONE line if both colors are the SAME
If Target.Address = "$A$10" Then Range("c10,u10").interior.colorindex=3

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Nigel" wrote in message
If data is changed in cell A10 I want it to go to cell U10 etc, stepping
thru the code line by line this is what happens

enter cell A10 enter a number
hit tab
cursor moves to c10 changes color of that cell
cursor jumps to u10 changes color of cell
cursor jumps back to c10 changes color of cell

if I remove the color change code then if I stpe thru the code this is
what
happens
enter cell A10 enter a number
hit tab
cursor moves to c10
cursor jumps to u10

I am trying to get it to saty in cell U10 and have that change color

thanks

"John" wrote:

Nigel,

I'm wasn't clear from your origianl post as to whether you want to move
the
selected cell after entering data into a specific cell OR after a
specific
cell was selected and not data/format change to place.

So at the moment the reason it jumps back to C10 after the color changes
in
U10 is because that is a change event (ie not just data).

So on what basis do you want the changes to take place?

Best regards

John

PS Did you read my reply to your original post :
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...567267c13f6263

"Nigel" wrote in message
Again so sorry I used your code and it works great, i added another sub
and
here is that

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
If Not rngPrev Is Nothing Then rngPrev.Interior.ColorIndex = idxPrev
Set rngPrev = Target
idxPrev = rngPrev.Interior.ColorIndex
rngPrev.Interior.ColorIndex = 6

'player 1
If Target.Address = "$A$10" Then Range("U10").Select
If Target.Address = "$C$10" Then Range("w19").Select
If Target.Address = "$E$10" Then Range("Y28").Select
If Target.Address = "$G$10" Then Range("AA37").Select
If Target.Address = "$I$10" Then Range("ac46").Select
end sub
the problem is this

I enter a value in A10 and hit tab the cursor moves to c10 and then
onto
u10
changes the color of u10 correctly but jumps back to c10. do you have
any
idea why it may be doing this
"Don Guillett" wrote:

AND SO ON

no need to SHOUT! I'm still confused since mind reading is not one of
my
talents but, in the absence of a better explanation from you, in the
worksheet_CHANGE event.

=if target.address="$d$3" then range("c3").select
=if target.address="$d$5" then range("gxxx").select
and so on

I'm sure it could be simplified.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Nigel" wrote in message
not sure what more info is needed, user exits cell d3 I would like
cursor
go to d33

then they can select cell d4 make an entry and cursor will then go
c3

then they select d5 make an entry and on exiting it will go to gXX
and
so
on

Cells are paired for example A10 is related to U10m B10 is related
W19
AND SO ON

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You can do this with a worksheet_change macro in the sheet code.
right click sheet tabview codeleft window select worksheetright
select
worksheet_change

more info needed but this is the basic idea

target.offset(30).select

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Nigel" wrote in message
Is it possible to program so that when a users exits a cell
he/she
is
forced
to another cell, ie when leaving d3 the cursor will got to d33

I know about cell protection etc but that will not do what I
would
like

Thanks