Alan

Sorry, I hit send by mistake,

Try wrapping the code in

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'Your Code
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

This works for XL files, not sure about Text Files but worth a try,
Regards,
Alan.
"Alan" wrote in message news:...
Try wrapping the code in

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'Your Code

"Stuart Macro Muppet" <Stuart Macro
wrote in message
I have created a macro that opens 4x text format files as Excel files,
which
copies and pastes their data into a master excel template.
The 4x text files are inserted into one data sheet, the updated data
sheet
forms the basis for several pivot tables which are then run by the macro.
The macro created closes the 4x text files when they have been copied.

When closing the text files the prompt "Do You Want To Save xxxxx.txt?"
appears, requiring manual intervention to select NO. The macro continues,
the
prompt appears 4 times for each file.

The macro is required daily, no data manipulation of the text files
occurs,
they are only opened, copied, and closed.

I do not want the Save Prompt appearing.

How can I remove this?

Many thanks