Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SmartyPants SmartyPants is offline

Default Date and time entry on button click

bearsfan wrote:
Here's an easy one:

For the spreadsheet I am developing I want to track changes on a separate
sheet. On the main sheet I have added in a button that will activate the
changes sheet but how do I make it so the current system date and time get
populated in columns A and B in the next empty row?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Neal

First

Range("A5").Select

Make the cell equal to the formula <=Today()

Then

Range("A5").Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues,
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

You copy todays date and paste it as a value so it is static.