Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] chris_culley@yahoo.com is offline

Default multithreading / distributing excel code

Cool - thought this might be the case... was just an idea I was
mulling over

thanks for you help - I'll doubtless be back with more specific
examples

Chris

NickHK wrote:
In straight VBA you're out luck, unless you can improve the efficiency of
your code.
If you have access to VB5/6, an ActiveX exe can be used like this.
Not sure if spawning multiple instances of Excel to process parts would
help; you would need to coordinate the results from each.

As Bob suggested, post simplfied code of a bottleneck and see if anyone can
offer an improvement.

NickHK

roups.com...
I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this (ie no)... but.. I've
inherited a vba coded market risk model which takes a looong (hours) to
run which I'd like to speed up.

Is it possible to multithread vba?

Is it possible to distribute over more than one machine?

I suspect that these are both impossible in vba, but is there any
support available which won't need a rewrite in some other language?

Cheers

Chris