Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nymand Nymand is offline

Default Turning numbers into days, hours and minutes

Hello,

I'm not exactly sure what you and Alan mean!
The "box" with the result. Am I supposed to right-click and find what I'm
looking for there? I'm not sure I know how to custom format the cell. I can't
seem to find both the days and the hours used..

"Bob Phillips" skrev:

I would use d "days" h:mm:ss, but beware, this only works up to 31 days.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Alan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Custom format the cell where your answer is as dd:hh:mm:ss

Nymand wrote:
Hello,

To keep it short and simple:

I have 4220 lbs of grain and I can only unload 2000 lbs a day. I divide

the
number and end up with 2,1100 work days. How is it possible to have

excel
write the days, hours and minutes as I can only get it to write the

hours and
minutes used. 4220/2000 = 2,11 days = 02h:38m:24s. The time spend is

the
same if I only write ,11.. Is it even possible for Excel to do this? Or

am I
supposed to just write the days in myself and let excel do the rest???