Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Enable/Disable CommandBar Buttons Based on Events

I agree. You could only use it for the problem you originally described
which doesn't appear to have much correlation to what you are now asking.

Tom Ogilvy

"M. Authement" wrote in message
Because Excel can be open without a workbook being open. I don't want a
user trying to select a program if/when this situation is present.

"JLGWhiz" wrote in message
Maybe i'm just confused but if no Workbook is open why would you need to
disable the commands?

"M. Authement" wrote:

I have added a menu item with several sub-menu commands as part of an
add-in
I am developing. Many of these commands deal with modifying or
inserting
cell formulas, so I would like to disable those commands if no workbook
is
open or if the activesheet is not a worksheet. How do I go about doing
this? I am using WinXP, XL2003.