Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Userform initializing problem when opening

If the data in Range("A1:A5") does not change, you will get the same result
every time.

You can change the color of the MsgBox in Control PanelAppearance and
ThemesDisplayappearanceAdvanced. When you change the color of the message
box, you also change the color of your window frames, i.e. Title bar and
Status bar.

"Cajeto 63" wrote:

I added the code below given by Tom in my folder but it doesn't really work.
The strange thing is that when I run the macro several times in a row with
the file open it works perfectly. But if I Close/Open Close/Open Close/Open,
each time I open it gives the same message. Any idea on how to change this?

By the way, is it possible to change the color of a msgbox?

Thank you.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Private Sub Userform_Initialize()

Dim rng as Range, i as Long
Set rng = Sheets("sheet2").Range("A1:A5")
i = Int(Rnd() * rng.Count + 1)
me.Label1.Caption = rng(i).Value

End Sub

this should be in the userform module.