Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark VII Mark VII is offline

Default status update during program run -- DoEvents doesn't always work

Hello --

I've got a program or two that do some lengthy and time consuming mass edits
to Excel workbooks. I use code like this to inform the user of the progress
of the program.

Function UpdateWorkbook () as Boolean

txtStatusUpdate.text = "Processing data block one"
DoEvents
'* update logic for data block 1 goes here

txtStatusUpdate.text = "Processing data block two"
DoEvents
'* update logic for data block 2 goes here

'* etc.

End Function

Sometimes the status indicator text box updates and sometimes it doesn't.
I've also tried this by creating a label and changing its caption property,
and sometimes these don't update either.

Is there something else I should try or check?

Thanks,
Mark VII