Bob Phillips

Steiner,

Indeed that is what will happen.

Another trick you might want to implement is to create a sheet called
'First' and insert that before Sheet2, and a sheet called 'Last' after the
final sheet. These will just be placeholder sheets, not for data, so hide
them both and adjust the formula to =SUM(First!:Last!A1). Adding new sheets
will mean that they get automatically included.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steiner" wrote in message
Thank you
so by using =SUM(Sheet2!:Sheet10!A1) it is going to select all the

sheets
between 2 and 10 for example. sorry to ask this but i dont have the

template
with me at the moment
best regards,
laurent

"aristotle" wrote:

Hi,

You could do something like =SUM(Sheet2!:Sheet10!A1), which is a process

of
initiating the function, and once you've opened the parenthesis you

group the
sheets and select the cell to sum.

"Steiner" wrote:

Dear all,
I have 19 identical worksheets with information from different

countries.
I would like to know all of these countries are doing as a whole.

Using a
new worksheet that has an identical format to the other worksheets I

would
like to calculate the sum of all the different countries from the

other
sheets. Hope this is clear... Now do i have to like the cells of

every
sheet individually or can I highlight all the sheets and as they are

all
identical pick the cell which i would like the sum of. I have alread

tried
the latter with no success and was wondering whether there is a method

which
i did not know about or whether I do indeed need to go through each

template