Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe Joe is offline

Default Index Match Lookup

I'm using an Index Match Lookup function to look accross a row for a specific
value, then look down a specific column for a specific value, and enter the
value that corresponds the two matches in my table. Unfortunately, the
result is incorrect, but it is resulting in a value from a different cell in
my table. I cannot find a pattern or reason for the dispcrepancy and the
formula appears to be correct and functioning. What could be causing the
result to be incorrect?

I have attached my formula, notice it refenences a different spreadsheet for
the index function and match function. I don't believe that is causing the
problem, but thought it was worth pointing out.

=IF(F$6="joint life",(INDEX('Joint Life'!B$6:AK$71,MATCH(B11,'Joint
Life'!B$5:AK$5,0),MATCH(I11,'Joint
Life'!A$6:A$71,0))),(IF(B11<70,"NA",(LOOKUP(B11,'U niform
Life'!B$5:C$50,'Uniform Life'!C$5:C$50)))))